Mr. Bruce R. Berkowitz is the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Fairholme Capital Management, and President and a Director of Fairholme Funds, Inc.
In 2010, Mr. Berkowitz was named as the 2009 Domestic-Stock Fund Manager of the Year by Morningstar as well as the Domestic-Stock Fund Manager of the Decade (2000-2009), also by Morningstar. Most recently, he was named 2013's Money Manager of the Year by Institutional Investor Magazine.
Mr. Berkowitz founded The Fairholme Fund in 1999, and founded Fairholme Capital Management in 1997. Prior to founding Fairholme, Mr. Berkowitz was a Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager at Smith Barney, Inc. from 1995 to May 1997, and a Senior Vice President and Portfolio Manager at Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc.
Mr. Berkowitz received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 1980.
Current and Past Board Positions
- Sears Holdings Corp., Director since February 2016
- The St. Joe Company. Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors since March 2011
- White Mountains Insurance Group Ltd. Independent Director from 2004-2010
- AmeriCredit Corp., Director from 2008-2009
- TAL International Group, Inc., Director from 2004-2009
- Safety Insurance Group, Inc. (formerly Safety Holdings, Inc.), Director from 2002-2004
- Olympus Re Holdings, Ltd. (Bermuda), Director and Deputy Chairman from 2001-2006
- Winthrop Reality Trust (Formerly known as First Union Real Estate Equity and Mortgage Investments), Trustee from 2000-2008
Fairholme Funds, Inc.
All investments are subject to inherent risk, including possible loss of the principal amount invested. There is no guarantee that the Funds will meet their objectives. Read about other risks of investing in Fairholme's Prospectus and SAI.
SHARES OF FAIRHOLME MUTUAL FUNDS ARE DISTRIBUTED BY FAIRHOLME DISTRIBUTORS, LLC